- Best Dual-Purpose Laptops for Gaming and Programming
This is a curated list of laptops which are dual-purpose and perform optimally in both, gaming and programming. They provide the performance you need to run high end games and they have the capability to perform intensive memory and CPU operations for heavy programming sessions.
These dual-purpose laptops are top of the market for gaming and programming. These laptops will save you the frustration of putting up with slowness and lag, so you’re able to focus on the task at hand.
- Programming Books You Wish You Read Earlier
There are so many programming books out there, sometimes it’s hard to know what books are best. Programming itself is so broad and there are so many concepts to learn. This book list is a curation of the most valuable books for each major Software category.
These programming books are beneficial for your programming career, from beginner to expert. These books will help you day-to-day with your general programming knowledge.
- Software Networking with Node.js
Software-defined Networking is an emerging field with lots of room for innovation. There has been many companies, cough BitTorrent cough, which have really managed to wrangle this topic to create great Software. Take Twitch for example, a live video gaming streaming company, requiring heavy use of strong computer networks to relay live streaming data. Developers and organisations are getting behind SDN and Node.js to build interoperability between Software applications.
In this post, we will build a Software-defined Networking application, showing how easy the Node.
- Beginner's guide to Big-O Notation
Why learn Big-O? Not only is it important to learn for coding interviews at Google or Microsoft, but it is an important concept to learn as it provides a method to compare algorithms. Big-O is used to classify algorithms as their running time or space requirements grow. To see how scalable an algorithm is, based on the amount of input it receives. Big-O has your answers.
What is Big-O?
- AWS Lambda in Plain English
What is Lambda? It is a Cloud service offered by AWS to host your application(s). You upload an application and it gets automatically deployed to a URL endpoint.
Let’s take for example, you have an application that receives a JPG image file and converts it to a PNG file. That’s all it does. You can upload your application to AWS Lambda and it deploys your application to a URL endpoint, ie.
- 5 Ways to Improve the Performance of Your Web App
1. Autoscaling Is your application hosted in the Cloud? AWS, Azure or GCP? Then you can use Autoscaling to improve your website’s performance. Autoscaling is a method used in Cloud computing, whereby the amount of computational resources in a server farm, typically measured in terms of the number of active servers, scales automatically based on the load on the farm. You can think about it like an advanced load-balancing, where software will take care of the increase in load on your web application.
- 5 Best Text Editors for Programmers
1. Atom Atom is a free and open-source text and source code editor for macOS, Linux, and Microsoft Windows with support for plug-ins written in Node.js, and embedded Git Control, developed by GitHub. Atom is a desktop application built using web technologies.
2. Vim Vim is a highly configurable text editor for efficiently creating and changing any kind of text. It is included as “vi” with most UNIX systems and with Apple OS X.
- 5 Awesome Books for Learning C/C++
1. The C Programming Language View Online
2. The C++ Programming Language View Online
3. C Programming: Language: A Step by Step Beginner's Guide to Learn C Programming in 7 Days View Online
4. The C Answer Book: Solutions to the Exercises in 'The C Programming Language' View Online
5. Practical C Programming View Online
We hope you enjoyed this curated list of awesome C/C++ books for Software Developers
- How to Optimise Port-Scanning with a Multi-threaded approach
Port Scanning is regularly used in the vulnerability analysis of Servers. Although port scanning is quite simple - this multi-threaded approach can be repurposed for other more valuable use-cases, eg. API testing. The purpose of this approach is to optimise the application, reducing the execution time significantly.
If you are interested in viewing more related scripts, I have put together a public repo and currently taking pull requests!
- Why starting a Business as a Software Developer is a Good Idea
Many people think that starting a business means that you need some big idea first. This is totally wrong. If you’re an employed Software developer, or Freelancer (even better), then you might be in a great position to start a business. Often there are tax breaks and discounts associated with actually owning a business. Government benefits if you employ people - providing them with work to carry out day-to-day. And if you don’t make any money… Then at the very least it is a learning experience.